The working day starts at your home.
In the morning you and your colleague will drive to the designated wind farm to complete the various maintenance tasks there.
The company provides a van that you share with your colleague to drive to work every day.
Checking the presence, completeness and good operation of the necessary safety gear and tools, along with the valid inspection certificates in accordance with current guidelines
Checking the presence and completeness of the necessary materials
Reporting to the customer after receiving a work assignment via the company system or reporting failures by telephone
- Doing (preventive) maintenance, periodically checking and testing the operation of the wind turbines (or components), in accordance with current rules or work instructions
- Tracing and, where possible, repairing failures
- Assembling components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary making use of internal or external cranes
- Doing various electrical works (e.g. electrical connections, failure analysis and maintenance) and mechanical works (e.g. assembly and maintenance of mechanical parts)
- Submitting requests to the planner of materials & services for specialists, after consultation with the foreman in your region, and ensuring that any allocated staff comply with the prescribed procedures, work instructions and rules relating to quality, working conditions, safety, the environment and engineering
- Offering on-site support with specialist projects and offering support to suppliers
- Submitting requests to the planner of materials & services in your own region for tools and components not present but necessary
Compiling service reports including keeping a record of the materials used per turbine
Recording failures (keeping a historical record) and down times
Doing various administrative work, including keeping a logbook, an hourly record and a record of mileage
Our client is an international leader in the field of service provision to wind farms. They manage 49,000 turbines in 66 countries on 6 continents.
The Benelux is divided into 4 regions in which 80 service technicians are responsible for the daily success.
We are looking for 4 (!) additional service technicians for one of those regions.