Service Technician | windturbines
Are you looking for a job where you work with cutting-edge technology and you're not afraid of heights?
Then this wind energy leader is looking for a Service Technician like you!
The objective of the Service Technician role is to assemble, make operational, ready to operate and maintain the wind turbines under contract to the employer, so that they operate efficiently and effectively to make a maximum contribution to the operating result, with maximum customer satisfaction.
Checking the presence, completeness and good operation of the necessary safety gear and tools, along with the valid inspection certificates in accordance with current guidelines
Checking the presence and completeness of the necessary materials
Reporting to the customer after receiving a work assignment via the company system or reporting failures by telephone
- Doing (preventive) maintenance, periodically checking and testing the operation of the wind turbines (or components), in accordance with current rules or work instructions
- Tracing and, where possible, repairing failures
- Assembling components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary making use of internal or external cranes
- Cooperating on workplace inspections at worksites
- Doing various electrical works (e.g. electrical connections, failure analysis and maintenance)
- Doing various mechanical works (e.g. assembly and maintenance of mechanical parts)
- Submitting requests to the planner of materials & services for specialists, after consultation with the foreman in your region, and ensuring that any allocated staff comply with the prescribed procedures, work instructions and rules relating to quality, working conditions, safety, the environment and engineering
- Offering on-site support with specialist projects and offering support to suppliers
- Submitting requests to the planner of materials & services in your own region for tools and components not present but necessary
- Informing the customer, the foreman and the workflow planner when, due to circumstances, the service work cannot be completed
- Compiling service reports including keeping a record of the materials used per turbine
- Recording failures (keeping a historical record) and down times
- Doing various administrative work, including keeping a logbook, an hourly record and a record of mileage
High School certificate level (A2 or A1 electromechanical studies)
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Service Technician
Driving license B
Good English is mandatory; French & Dutch an asset
Living in the region of Namur/ Charleroi or willing to relocate on own expense
Comfortable working at heights, coping with the respective challenges this brings
They design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, active in 75 countries, they have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Together with their customers, the +22,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
You will become part of an international, growing, world leader in wind energy.
You will take on an exciting job in an ecological industry.
Training en development opportunities
interesting salary & benefits - package